- School Info
- About Us
DVHS ATTENDANCE STAFF
- dial 925-479-6400
- press 1 when prompted
- follow the prompts below
- For students with last names A - Ful,
- press 1 for Attendance Secretary
- Heidi Bindi
- For students with last names Fum - Loz,
- press 2 for Attendance Secretary Angela Larraga
- For students with last names Lu - Sand,
- press 3 for Attendance Secretary Laurie Bowen
- For students with last names Sang - Z,
- press 4 for Attendance Secretary Tharsne Supramaniam
Reporting a student absence -- full or partial day
It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to correct any and all absences with the attendance office per **AR 5113 via a telephone call. Failure to do so will result in a CUT for each absence.
Emails are not accepted to report any past or future absences.
**AR 5113 States that all absences which are not cleared within two (2) days after a student's return to school shall be recorded as unexcused (CUT). (see Truancy)
General Illness Guidelines
Your child may be excluded from school per California Education Code section §48210-48214 and section §49451. “Whenever there is a reason to believe that the child is suffering a recognized contagious or infectious disease, they shall be sent home and not be permitted to return until the school authorities are satisfied that any contagious disease does not exist.”
Calling in an absence
- Student’s legal name (please spell). No nicknames, please!
- Student’s ID#
- Reason for absence/brief detail of symptoms (failure to provide reason results in absence marked as unexcused)
- Date(s) of absence
- Your name and relationship
PARTIAL DAY ABSENCES
Arriving lateStudents arriving late must have a parent call the attendance line prior to the student arriving at school giving the same information as above as well as the approximate time of arrival. Students must always sign in at the front office upon arrival before going to class.
- Students whose late arrival results in missing one or more entire periods must have a parent call attendance line to clear the absence within 48 hours or it will be changed to an illegal absence (cut) and disciplinary action will be taken.
- If a student leaves campus without signing out in the front office, it will be considered a cut and disciplinary action will be taken. Parents cannot clear these absences after the fact. NO EXCEPTIONS.
TardiesOnly tardies due to excused absence reasons (see above) will be excused. Medical Facility notes are required for all medical appointments upon checking in. If you forget to obtain a note, you may have your doctor fax a copy to "Attn: Attendance" at 925-479-6597. All other reasons will result in an unexcused tardy.
Important noteStudents must ALWAYS sign in and out in the front office for partial day absences, even if a parent has called in. This is our only way of knowing when the student actually arrives and/or leaves campus. Students who leave school and do not sign out and/or arrive to school and do not sign in will be given cuts for the periods that they miss and will be subject to disciplinary action. Parents cannot clear these cuts. This policy is outlined in the student handbook.
- All unverified absences not cleared within 48 hours will be considered as a cut and disciplinary action will be taken.
- Students attempting to clear their own absences will be subject to disciplinary action.
- Students who believe they were mistakenly marked absent must email that teacher within 2 days of the disputed absence and request an absence correction. That teacher will then COMPLETE THE PROCESS ONLINE.