- School Info
- About Us
DVHS ATTENDANCE STAFF
- dial 925-479-6400
- press 1 when prompted
- follow the prompts below
- For students with last names A - Ful,
- press 1 for Attendance Secretary Jennifer Lee
- For students with last names Fum - Loz,
- press 2 for Attendance Secretary Angela Larraga
- For students with last names Lu - Sand,
- press 3 for Attendance Secretary Laurie Bowen
- For students with last names Sang - Z,
- press 4 for Attendance Secretary Tharsne Supramaniam
Excused & unexcused absences
- Medical appointments- A phone call and a post-doctor's note (after-visit document) are both required to excuse any medical appointments, including video appointments within two (2) school days**. Appointment reminders/registrations are not permitted. If you forget to obtain a doctor's note, you may have your doctor email a copy to your student's designated Attendance Secretary (see list in lower left column). Failure to submit a doctor's note within 2 school days of the absence will result in an unexcused absence. No exceptions.
- Illness - Each student is permitted 10 personal illnesses for the calendar school year (Each partial day is calculated as 1 illness). Five (5) or more consecutive days of illness will require a doctor’s note. After exceeding 10 absences due to illness within the calendar school year, each absence due to illness is marked as unexcused unless a doctor's note is provided within 2 school days upon returning. Please refer to “Excessive Illness” below.
- Religious -Holiday/ Ceremony/ Instruction/ Retreat (religious retreat not to exceed 4 hrs per semester (Ed. Code 48205)
- Personal/personal business,
- out of town/vacations,
- excessive illnesses without a doctor's note, given within the **AR5113 policy
- medical appointments (video or in-person) without a doctor's note or after-visit documentation, given within the **AR5113 policy
- non-school related sports events/ competitions/tournaments,
- car trouble/traffic/carpool issues,
- No reason given at the time of call
UNCLEARED ABSENCES AND ERRORS
- All absences not cleared (reported by parent/guardian) within two (2) school days are considered illegal absences (cuts) and subject to disciplinary action. See Truancy & SART/SARB section.
- Students who believe they were marked absent in error must email their teacher within 2 school days of absence and request an absence correction.
- Students attempting to clear their own absences will be subject to disciplinary action..