As our community grows, our goals are to continue positive safety efforts and to adhere to civic codes. Please review the following safety rules:
Fire lanes MUST BE CLEAR AT ALL TIMES and are not to be used for pick- up or drop-off. This is considered a civil code violation.
▪ Bicyclists must WALK their bikes while on campus.
▪ Bicyclists should not ride on sidewalks, or weave in between cars. Bicycles must be locked up in the designated bike rack areas during the school day.
▪Skateboards are not to be ridden on campus.
▪ Skateboard racks are available in the bike corral located behind the Career Tech Building (next to Library).
▪ If not utilizing the skateboard rack, skateboards must be kept in student locker all day or may be left in the campus monitors’ office.
▪ Pedestrians should always use the crosswalk to cross streets and driveways. Wait when the "red hand” signal is flashing.
▪ Students should remove headphones, put away cell phones, and listen and look both ways before crossing streets.
▪ Vehicles should follow all posted traffic rules, including speed limits, no cell phones, and turning prohibitions. Pedestrians ALWAYS have the right of way.
▪ U-turns are illegal on Albion Way. The San Ramon Police Department has assured the school that they will be patrolling this area more heavily as we implement these changes.
▪ Using neighborhood streets as a drop-off point endangers residents and students and is subject to ticketing by the SRPD. Please respect and keep our surrounding neighborhoods safe by adhering to all legal speed limits and driving regulations.
▪ NO PARKING, NO DROP-OFF OR PICK-UP in front of the main gym.
▪ NO DVHS PARKING at Venture School.
▪ Please keep the intersections and roadways on and off campus clear so traffic flows smoothly..
Our main goal is to ensure safe travel for students to school each day whether that be on foot, by car, or via bicycle. THANK YOU for your attention to these details as you visit Dougherty Valley High School. Have a wonderful day and school year!