- Student Activities
Class of 2023
End of year information for the Wildcats Class of '23
Information for 2023 Grads and their families
Graduation is quickly approaching and we are looking forward to sharing this special night with you!
- Return all library items and textbooks - items checked out to you (barcodes must match at turn-in)
- Pay fine(s) for lost and overdue library books
- Provide replacement cost for damaged or lost textbooks
- Turn in District-issued Chromebooks (turn-in at Commons May 31 & June 1)
- Complete the2023 DVHS Counseling - Senior Check-Out Survey to ensure your transcript will be forwarded to your college choice
Graduation Rehearsal Video: All seniors must watch this video.
Graduation: The graduation ceremony begins at 6:00 p.m. on June 2 in the DVHS stadium. The gates to the stadium will open at 4:00 p.m. Tickets are not required and are not being issued. Graduates must check into the Main Gym by 5:00 p.m.
- Seniors must watch this video to be prepared for gathering in the gym at 5 p.m. on graduation day
- Cap & gown sets ordered from Jostens will be distributed in the Quad during break & lunch on Tuesday, May 16. If you/your student has not purchased or arranged to borrow a set through Jostens or from a friend/sibling, please contact Mrs. Mattingly in the Administration Office ASAP.
- Long pants, collared shirts, dresses, skirts. No flip flops or spiked heels.
- Caps, gowns, and tassels are required for graduation (please secure caps with bobby pins as needed).
- Caps may be decorated per the guidelines linked here. Caps that are being borrowed from DVHS may not be decorated and must be returned after the graduation ceremony in their original condition.
- During the processional and throughout the awarding of the diplomas, the tassel is worn on the right side of the mortarboard.
- Upon the signal from the class officers after the diplomas have been awarded, the graduates will shift tassels from the right side to the left side of their caps.
- Graduates will receive their diploma cover on stage and their actual diploma from the row monitor when they return to their seats.
- Graduates who have borrowed a “loaner” cap/gown from DVHS/Jostens will NOT receive their diploma until the loaner items are returned to the Wellness Center immediately following the ceremony. The Wellness Center will close 1 hour after the end of graduation.
- There will be 24-hour security guards patrolling the campus on the days leading up to the ceremony.
- Air horns and other loud noise-making devices.
- Balloons or decorations that obstruct the view of others.
- Beach balls or other items that will distract from the ceremony.
- Dogs or other animals (except trained service dogs) are not allowed on school campus
- Students have selected a special staff member to read their name as they cross the stage; therefore, students will NOT be sitting in alphabetical order.
- Family members and friends are encouraged to remain in their seats and enjoy the ceremony. There will be ample opportunity to take personal photos outside of the stadium after the ceremony.
- Studio One Photography will be on hand to capture the perfect photo of your student with their diploma as they exit the stage. Photos can be ordered online after graduation –details here. Please note: the online code requested on the order form is the student’s ID number.
- Seating arrangements are on a first come, first serve basis; no tickets will be issued.
- Please do not save seats for other guests.
- Family members and guests may sit in the bleachers and on the chairs located on the track.
- Handicap seating is available in the bleachers with ramp access and at the bottom row at the 50 yard line.
- Families may bring their own portable, folding lawn or camp chairs, if desired. Those chairs must be placed on the grass, behind the spectators’ seating that is currently set up, as shown by the red Xs below. No chairs are allowed in rows 6-8 of the track.
- Please park in designated parking stalls only.
- Parking in the surrounding neighborhoods is permitted on certain streets.
- The parking spaces located near the main gym and PAC will be reserved for handicapped parking. You MUST have a handicapped-parking placard to park in this area.
- Plan a spot to meet your graduate after they process out of the stadium after graduation. The stadium must be cleared after the ceremony, so we suggest meeting your graduate on the plaza around the main gym, the upper plaza leading to the quad, or the quad.